The very soul of the modern journey. Serious travel, serious results, as rapidly and economically as possible. The Bullet Train gets it done. The network, consisting of 1,483.6 miles of track, presently links most major cities on the islands of Honshu and Kyushu, with construction of a link to the northern island of Hokkaido underway and plans to increase speeds up to 199 mph.
The Bullet Train, like the frenetic humanity it serves, is all about watching the clock and the bottom line.
This week, in the sermon The Journey We Are On, we learn that today more than ever, we need the Compass more than we will ever need the Clock. Our conclusions, from pouring over the key verses of this message, point to a plan that takes us far from the map and modes of the masses (say that three times fast), and uses faith in God and His Word as the bottom line. The mission is, frankly, more than a little daunting. Like combat, it nearly always seems foolhardy in the natural, and yet in truth is needfull and quickening. The journey in Christ is the only one worthwhile.
a) Jeremiah 29:11 / Romans 8:28-31
b) Deuteronomy 4:1-2
c) Deuteronomy 30:11-16
For our new Bereans:
So What (= truths)? & Sow What (= application)? Our B.L.U.F. - the walk-away truths that we apply to our lives from this message
Bottom Line Up Front:
1) Nothing more; nothing less. Only God has the perfect plan and path for our lives.
2) John 14:15 - 21 : Love-based obedience to God works. It's not about what we can do, it's about who we become.
3) We must walk in His way; if not us, then who?
4) We must be those who believe His Word more than our circumstances and senses. Isaiah 30:21
5) We must understand and practice that our Heavenly Father honors Worship that is in Spirit (the Holy Spirit) and in Truth (Jesus Christ). That is to say, practically, 100% committed to the whole of who God is.
Note for our new folks:
* the site looks differently each week, so don't be surprised by changes in its appearance
* the post above contains several links, that may be clicked on to listen to the sermon, read the referenced scriptures, and so forth.
Have a victorious week!
><> Dan & Nancy